Frozen treats are a summertime tradition. If you spend time at a swimming pool, lake, or beach, you will undoubtedly see kids slurping down icy cold treats from colourful, customized paper cones. Ice lollies are a classic summertime treat, whether they’re served out of a machine at the grocery store or served in a local ice cream parlour. But have you ever considered making your own ice lollies? You can, and they are surprisingly easy to make.
While the idea of ice lollies is often simple, coming up with delicious flavour combinations can be a challenge. In this article, we’ll review how to make your own ice lollies at home and let you in on a secret: many popular store-bought ice lollies are actually incredibly easy to make at home. Here are how to make Ice Lollies and what flavours you should try.
Orange Ice Cube Lollies
Making orange ice lollies is not as difficult as you might think. All you need is some oranges, some sugar, water, ice, and food colouring. Using this technique, you can make orange ice lollies any time of year. You can also experiment with different flavour combinations until you find the perfect one.
- Making Orange Ice Cube Lollies is fun and easy. It’s pretty much as simple as combining orange juice and simple syrup in a bowl and freezing it to make Orange Ice Cube Lollies.
- Bring your summer desserts to the next level by making a fresh fruit puree out of orange segments and pouring it into an ice cube tray. Your friends and family will love biting into juicy, sweet citrus cubes.
- Then next, you should wrap your tray with aluminum foil or maybe plastic wrap. You should make sure that you wrap your tray tight.
- You can put stick toothpicks through the plastic wrap or aluminum foil into each cube. Make sure that the stick stands straight up, and then it is far enough into the tray for the juice when you freeze it.
- After that, you can put the tray in the freezer and wait for it to freeze.
- When it is frozen, remove the tray from the freezer and altogether remove the wrapper around the top of the tray. Then you can bend or twist the ice cube from the tray so that you can get the orange ice cube lollies.
Fresh Strawberry and Cream Lollies
Strawberry and Cream Lollies are delicious summer desserts that the kids will love. This very simple recipe is easy to prepare and can even be made in advance and frozen until needed. Making fresh strawberries and cream lollies is one of the easiest things to do. It requires just two ingredients: strawberries and cream. This is made by using quick-set gelatine.
- Hull the strawberries and slice them into small pieces. Put strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix them well. Keep the mixture aside for 30 minutes. Add cream to the fruit mixture and whisk the mixture again.
- Of course, after the strawberries are hulled, you should puree them in the blender, but otherwise, these lollies are easy to assemble.
- After you puree it, put the strainer at the top of the bowl and pour the strawberry that you puree. If you want to catch all the small seeds of the strawberry, make sure that you’re using a fine strainer.
- Then add the ingredients like lemon juice, heavy cream, and syrup to the bowl of strawberry juice, and mix them well.
- After mixing it, get the ice pop moulds, pour the mixture into them, and be careful not to overflow it.
- Then top the pop mould with the lid because it wouldn’t be fresh strawberries and cream lollies if your mould doesn’t have a lid.
- Put it in the freezer and wait until it becomes frozen. Then remove it after into the freezer, and it will be ready to serve.
The best thing about summer is Ice Lollies. These tasty candies are made of finely chopped ice with sugar syrup or flavoured syrups. Ice Lollies have a chewy and crunchy texture and are refreshing to consume. The taste is peculiar and the favourite of many!
Lollies are one of the most popular sweet ice desserts available worldwide. Ice Lollies are easy to make, and there’s an infinite number of combinations and recipes available online, from basic “base” recipes (like pineapple juice and crushed ice) to complex “build” recipes (like adding grenadine and marshmallow cream). The Lollies can be frozen and can be kept for a long time if stored properly.